Career Analysts Newsletter
Issue 3 - 2011
This Issue Contains:
Upcoming Career Analysts Training
Join us for our Career Coach Training on the 3rd & 4th of August: This training is ideal for managers, HR practitioners, mentors and career coaches who assist others with their career decisions, and wish to maximize the future opportunities and career success of those they work with. If you are thinking about an in-house career programne, or currently do this as part of your role and would like a proven structure to support your conversations, CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Getting it right for Grads: How to motivate and manage the GenY-ers in our future talent pool
- Provide lots of attention in the form of coaching, mentoring and development opportunities
- Upskill your Gen Yers in how to avoid early career derailers
- Provide every New Millenial with a targeted personal career development plan
- Educate your managers and mentors with tips on handling Gen Y career expectations and how they differ from those of Gen X and the Babyboomers
- Upskill your managers in having powerful career conversations
- Be creative in your solutions, crafting individualized career development activities
- Support your new graduates with key initiatives targeted to build their professional skills, while making it explicit how this training and development enhances their personal “career capital”.
Alisa Bartholomew, Managing Director of Career Dreams Ltd has been delivering this tool for Career Analysts over the past 4 years assisting hundreds of students to realise their Career Dreams! With her team of Morrisby accredited coaches your Son or Daughter can received professional, helpful and practical support to identify their unique career path. READ MORE . . .
Career Analysts in the Media
Debbie Schultz, a Career Analysts Career Consultant was featured in the July Issue of Employment Today discussing a long-term strategy for successful restructuring in the article ‘In the driving seat’. To register for a complimentary copy of Employment Today CLICK HERE. .
Career Analysts’ General Manager, Jo Mills, shed light on the increasing number of women in the workplace and the diversity of the modern 40 year old in the August 2011 issue of Next Magazine in the article; ‘Is Age Just a Number?’ (Page 53-56).
Career Analysts was also quoted in The New Zealand Herald on Sunday July the 10th in regards to ‘Cheap ways to lift staff morale’ READ THE ARTICLE....
Worth a Read: Global Trends in Outplacement
Aberdeen Group have prepared a first ever report on global trends in career transition. For those of you who aren’t aware, Aberdeen are Human Capital Analysts who report on what is happening globally in the area of Human Resources.
For those of you who are time poor here is what we saw as key points of interest from this report:
- Impact on engagement of remaining staff as ROI on Outplacement initiativesExit Interviews as being a highly valued offering by HR decision-makers using Outplacement servicesResume consultations and re-writes as being highly valued by service participants given increased role competition and market changes in resume styles
- Psychological support and networking education also highly rated by participants given changes in world of work
Outplacement Builds Its Value on Engagement – free download of report available here for the next 30 days.
Win a $100 Dinner Voucher at SOUL!
We are in the process of updating our Outplacement service offering and would like to hear your thoughts on what is important to you.
Take five minutes to complete our survey and go into a draw to win a $100 Dinner voucher at Soul.
TAKE THE SURVEY HERE
Click here to view a list of all our previous newsletters.
Click here to visit the Career Analysts website or
contact Jo Mills, General Manager today on
Please click here to view our disclaimer.